As you may already know, Oil & Gas UK (OGUK) sets a standard of fitness to be reached by anyone working in the industry here. That standard applies to the UK first and foremost but is being increasingly accepted as a worldwide indicator of health and fitness for anyone working in the oil and gas industry. In fact only recently, the Norwegian oil & gas industry (in the North Sea) have started accepting the OGUK certification, meaning there’s no longer any need to double up.
What is the OGUK standard?
The OGUK safety standard lays down certain requirements which must be met, including:
- Photographic ID
- A comprehensive medical, social and occupational history
- Body Mass Index
- Appropriate clinical examination
- Further investigations as required
Safety is the number one priority for the oil & gas industry. And the examination plays a part in that. It gives protection to the individuals receiving certification and – by extension – reduces risk for their fellow offshore team members who often rely on them to carry out their job properly.
Why book your OGUK medical with us?
- Easy and quick to book and pay for an appointment online – do it here today.
- Your records are stored safely and securely online – to be updated at your convenience.
- Email reminders two months before your next medical is due – plus a scanned signed certificate sent direct to your email if and when you pass your medical.
- You can inform your OGUK doctor of any health issues you have in advance of your next medical, giving them time to request any documentation you may be required to bring to your examination.
NB: We aim to provide this service Scotland-wide as soon as we can – but for now, it is only available in the central Scotland region. Please contact us with any queries at email@example.com